Are you searching for the Best Outdoor Projectors?
Nothing is better than sitting and enjoying a movie on the best outdoor projectors to make your summer nights more fun, and you can quickly just set it up in your backyard, enjoy a good movie with your family or bake some popcorn and invite your friends over for an epic movie night.
So, are you interested in an outdoor projector that satisfies all your requirements? We have got the best and updated list of the Best Outdoor Projectors 2018, reviewing each item in depth to help you pick what you need.
For the best outdoor projectors visuals outside, it is however always best if you pick an HD projector either at 720p or at 1080p and the brightness should be excellent around 2000 lumens. It should have an HDMI connectivity for ease.
You can also choose the best projectors under $100 or best Projector under $500 if you are looking for low budget projectors for enjoying the movie night with colleague and friends in your backyard this summer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Outdoor Projectors 2018
- 2 Types of Best Outdoor Projectors
- 3 Factors to Know Before Buying the Best Outdoor Movie Projector
- 4 Epson Powerlite 3020 – Best Family Room Projector
- 5 Acer H5380BD 720p Home Theater Projector – Best 3D Projector
- 6 Optoma HD141X Outdoor – 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
- 7 Epson VS230 SVGA 3LCD Projector – Best Projector for Short Term
- 8 Optoma HD20 – Editor’s Choice – Best Outdoor Projectors 2018
- 9 Brookstone Pocket Projector Micro – Best Pocket Size Projector
- 10 Epson Home Cinema 1440 1080p Projector – Best Projector for Sunny Room
- 11 BenQ DLP HD W1070 1080p Projector – Best Portable Projectors
- 12 View Sonic PJD 5155 – Best Cheap Outdoor Projectors
- 13 Optoma HD37 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater – Best Outdoor HD Projector
- 14 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) of Best Outdoor Projectors
- 15 Make the best Out of Your Best Outdoor Projectors
- 16 Conclusion
Projector Name Screen Size
Lumens weight Price Epson Powerlite 3020 40 - 180 2300 13.2 lbs Acer H5380BD 40 - 300 3000 5.5 lbs Optoma HD141X 66 - 107 3000 5.5 lbs Epson VS230 SVGA 30 - 350 2800 5.1 lbs Optoma HD20
40 - 300 1700 6.4 lbs Brookstone Pocket Projector micro 20 - 50 15 1.0 lbs Epson 1440 projector 49 - 300 4400 10.2 lbs BenQ W1070 40 - 235 2000 5.8 lbs ViewSonic PJD 5155 30 - 300 3300 4.6 lbs Optoma HD37 25 - 325 2600 7.7 lbs
Movie projectors come from one of three leading technologies which are Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS) and Digital Light Processing (DLP). The advantage and disadvantage of these technologies are varying from each other.
When purchasing the best outdoor projectors, one should always choose one of these technologies to depend on your needs, your room environment, and the setup. Here we discussed the variety of best outdoor projector jointly.
Digital Light Processing (DLP)
Digital light processing is a display device which based on an array of micro-electromechanical technology that uses standard lamp light to deliver the display picture. DLP may be call as less pixilation and better projection technology. DLP projectors are available in both versions single-chip and three-chip projectors.
DLP technology was initially developed in 1987 by Larry Hornbeck, but Digital Projection Ltd introduced 1st DLP projector in 1997 (Source: Wikipedia).
DLP projectors have significant advantages as they have high sharpness, 3D, and fast motion. DLP projectors brightness is unbelievable bright, but these projectors have some disadvantages like limited placement flexibility and rainbow effect.
DLP projectors are used as a movie theater projector; these projectors provide excellent view experience as compared to LCD projectors in Cinema halls.
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
This technology is work on the three mirror configuration system and light crystals which display an image on the screen surface. LCD technology is introduced in the late 1980s and from last two decade, it becomes one of the essential and vital factors in any display device.
LCD projectors show a brighter image then the DLP projector. These projectors are more energy efficient than the DLP, but these are grayer black and less color contrast then DLP projectors.
3D images produce on Light Crystal Display projector are less apparent or faint images then the DLP projectors present but it is much better than LCOS projector due to its bright image. LCD projectors are available at low and affordable price same as a DLP projector of a single Chip.
Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS)
Light Crystal on Silicon, this technology is the combination of LCD and DLP technology. It comes to decrease the deficiencies of both techniques and maximize the benefits of both technologies. LCoS reflects active matrix of liquid crystal layer on the top silicon backplane.
In LCoS Projectors Lights form after reflecting the three individual panel while in LCD projectors Light shine through a single LCD panel.
In LCoS projectors display are crisper and brighter than the LCD and DLP projectors. These types of projectors are very costly and rare for ordinary users.
The disadvantages of LCoS are noisy 3D, blurry fast-motion scenes and moreover a bit expensive than the regular projector.
Here are the most common terminologies which a person must-knows before purchasing the best outdoor projectors.
Epson Powerlite 3020 – Best Family Room Projector
With an exceptionally bright screen of almost 2000 lumens, this projector is an excellent choice for homes where there is no proper projector setup, with the right space in the room.
This projector can do a great job. The Epson Powerlite is specially designed for family room kind of environments, and it is more like a jumbo TV projector.
It is best known for 3D performance, and a 24p playback is miles ahead of what a normal tv can offer you at the same price. It comes with a remote control very sharp. The 10W speakers located at its back work as a bomb for a family room.
Acer H5380BD 720p Home Theater Projector – Best 3D Projector
This outdoor projector never failed to amaze people with its outclass finish and an amazing picture quality. It is a big screen projector yet such great in quality and portability.
- This amazing projector shows images on a great scale with astonishing clarity up to 300 inches or 762 cm in size.
- It has a large screen with the best clarity hence bringing you to a whole new experience with a native resolution of 1280 x 720.
- The contrast ratio is 17,000:1 which is of high quality.
- It comes with HDMI, USB, VGA outputs and audio jacks for greater connectivity.
- Compatible with both Mac PC and Windows PC.
- It comes with an attractive remote control.
- Includes dust control and 3D glasses.
Optoma HD141X Outdoor – 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
Specially created for a super-sized home entertainment. The bright HD141X screen is exactly fir for watching movies, tv shows, videos, etc.
The build in speaker and HDMI ports offers an easy to use the system to the users. Selected outdoor projector modes bring a unique experience on screen.
- Delivers a masterpiece image quality of 1080p HD with full 3D performance.
- It supports video sources including Blu Ray.
- It comes with two HDMI ports and an audio system comparable to a typical tv.
- It is a desirable choice for replacing it with a Tv in your room
- Specially made for home entertainment.
- Unmatchable brightness up to 3000 lumens.
- Its speakers are loud enough to fill a room, but if more sound is needed, you can quickly switch it to an external sound source.
- It Weighs 5 pounds and eight ounces.
- HDMI and MHL ports are enabled.
Epson VS230 SVGA 3LCD Projector – Best Projector for Short Term
The projector that is known to solve all the problems; it solves all your major needs like budget, brightness problems, portability, easy use, increased brightness, etc. thus giving you a very elegant experience;
- Brightness ranges from 2300 lumens onwards which is excellent.
- 800×600 SVGA resolution.
- Full black with rounded corners measuring 5.3 pounds thus making it easily portable.
- HDMI, VGA, three RCA jacks included in the set.
- LCD Projector has the Excellent rating of 5,000 hours.
- 55 inches image display
- A very good choice for schools or companies needing a normal projector for presentations and short-term
Optoma HD20 – Editor’s Choice – Best Outdoor Projectors 2018
Very suitable for watching movies and thus brings you a home theatre experience Optoma HD20 brings its users a high-performance cinematic quality, HD 1080p videos and gives you an incredible 3000 lumens bright picture with a 23,000:1 contrast ratio.
Amaze your friends with the best image detail and superior color reproduction. Optoma HD20 is one of the best outdoor projectors of 2018.
- With no exaggeration, it is something you can call a game changer
- Full HD 1080p under a lowest prove range of $1000 breaking all the price records
- Optoma Projectors delivers a very high-quality image
- Weighs around 6.4 pounds and measures “3.8 by 12.8 by 9.2″ so small that you can easily store it anywhere you desire.
- Especially intended for a homemade
- Full twin HDMI ports, VGA, RCA, MHL jacks for convenient connectivity.
- Brightness starts from 1700 lumens onwards which means that the display is very bright.
- Image quality is highly improved in any scale.
Brookstone Pocket Projector Micro – Best Pocket Size Projector
It is a pocket size projector, often referred to as “Picos” projector is quite sleek with a glossy finish to it
- Very easy to set up and watch.
- It Produces a visible image.
- The battery life is 2 hours and is easily rechargeable.
- Intended for short duration uses,e.g., in office presentations.
- Measures 3.9 to 3.8 inches.
- The built-in rechargeable battery makes life so much easier.
- The built-in1-watt speaker that produce enough noise to make your videos worth watching. However, you can combine it with a sound source to bring you high levels of voice.
- Micro and mini HDMI adapters are also included in the box when it comes.
- You can even connect your smartphone or any other device to it via its ports.
- Hook it to your apple box for Airplay mirroring and enjoy watching excellent videos or pictures.
- Cheap nylon sac comes with the projector for easy storage and protection from scratches as well.
Epson Home Cinema 1440 1080p Projector – Best Projector for Sunny Room
Take your everyday entertainment further with the full HD movies and amazing sports experience, live up to three times higher color brightness than the leading competitors with Epson 1440, full 1080p ensures bright, stunning screens to amaze your guests or clients with.
- If you are looking for a projector that can stand in a sunny room with all the windows open, then this is the right projector for you.
- It is a combo of both office use as home use projector since it is made with an old school design when there was no concept of differentiation between both the terms.
- It delivers a lot more light than typical projectors of its type but lacks 3D properties.
- It has an excellent rating of 4440 lumens which is based on its full image size that is 1920-by-1200.
- Weighs about weighs 10 pounds 3 ounces which makes it quite a bit heavy to be treated as a portable projector.
- Connectors to the back include twin HDMI ports, a video port, and two VGA ports, rather than a single VGA port that’s more common in home projectors.
- There is also a USB type-A port. Moreover, USB type B port. The later works for a direct USB from PC and the former works for showing files directly from the USB port.
- High-quality sound is present with the 16-watt mono speaker.
- It has a game mode for gamers which is excellent.
BenQ DLP HD W1070 1080p Projector – Best Portable Projectors
Are you looking out for a substantial outdoor projector in a little sum of money? Here’s the right product for you.
The BenQ W1070 offers a fantastic picture quality despite the size and an excellent 3D playback with respectable black levels.
- Full HD resolution sharp 1080p up to 200 inches.
- 3D supported amazing performance including Blu Ray, games, movies and a lot
- ISF certified
- Very portable and easy to carry the type of projector
- 2000 lumens of light and a greater image quality to shock you.
- A high-quality glass of the lens with a fashionable finish.
- It contains a remote control for smooth operation.
- Incredibly useful for room theatre as well as business and office presentations.
- Color boost and image saturation details are high on this device.
- Built-in high-quality speakers
- Its smart Eco technology prolongs the lamp life
- Specially designed to work in both day and night modes with accuracy.
- All the usual connectivity ports are present for efficient and secure connectivity.
- With the BenQ’ssmartEco technology you can save up to 70% of the lamp power consumption. It only uses the light as much as you need.
View Sonic PJD 5155 – Best Cheap Outdoor Projectors
- A very bright portable projector with solid and amazing image quality which is very impressive in a modest price range.
- Better image quality even on low image resolutions.
- Set of variable ports for the ease of connectivity to different devices.
- Rated 3200 lumens.
- The projector is all black with a very handsome look and tapered sides, the measures are 4.6 x 12.4 x 9 inches (HWD) and weigh 4.6 pounds.
- Focus and zooming lens rest behind the stylish lens. The overall projector provides flexibility.
- Very suitable for class presentations since it even works better at 8 feet distance.
- 3D glasses are available for this model.
- Colour balance is excellent for its price.
- Worth consideration for both office and school presentations as mentioned above.
- Video quality is excellent at night time.
- The bulb replacement is quite cheap.
Optoma HD37 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater – Best Outdoor HD Projector
With 1080p the Optoma HD37 delivers a masterpiece image quality with bright, accurate and vivid colors. With a smooth and comfortable finish, this projector is very easy to handle and use and better tones for right life image.
Moreover, the MHL supports mobile devices hence bringing you to a whole new experience of connecting your mobile phones with the projector and enjoying various experiences.
- This homemade entertainment projector shows some very excellent features at its price range.
- With a fantastic brightness of 2500 lumens and a contrast ratio of 20,000:1, the Optoma HD37 is one of the best outdoor projectors to use in the daytime.
- Resolution size 1920×1080, full HD 3D.
- VGA, HDMI, USB, MHL outputs for the ease of connectivity.
- Closed captioning included.
- A fantastic lifetime of up to 2000 hours and a lamp life of 30,000 hours.
- It has a digital zoom feature.
- It measures a weight of about 7.7gm.
- An incredible amount of brightness.
- Can be taken on vocations for
- Fantastic gaming projector/ gamers friendly projector.
- It is one the of the best projectors produced by the company.
- Excellent color
- Best choice for use in homes, in case you have set up a home-based theatre, this is a perfect choice.
- IR remote included a backlight.
- It ISFccc Certified, with day and night viewing modes to optimize image quality.
- MHL support easily allows mobile devices to connect to this amazing projector.
- A vivid and accurate color
- It can make a very fine substitute of your television screen.
- 1-year warranty.
Make the best Out of Your Best Outdoor Projectors
Here we discuss some amazing tips for best outdoor projectors which helps you in normal life.
- Vocations Made More Fun
Pack your things and go on a road trip or camping anywhere with your family, partner or friends, never forget to take your outdoor projector along to add some more fun.
- Combine it with Extra Sound for More Fun
Add an external source to your best outdoor projectors to spice up things up. In case it is a scary movie, things are going to take the next level.
- White smooth sheet at the back
Most people prefer using a wall background but using a proper white background will give you a smooth and high-quality image experience.
- Turning the lights out
Using the projector in the dark or night time increases its efficiency and brightness.
- Careful Handling
Handle your outdoor projector carefully, always enclose it in the casing to avoid dust particles from entering. Never use harsh hands or wet hands while using.
- Remote Handling Made Easy
The remote control makes things easier for both kids and adults.
- Keep out of the Reach of Children
Keep the projector out of the reach of children as it may result in the damaging of the product. Moreover, it can also harm your child as it is an electronic device.
- Lamp Cleaning
Some lamps of best outdoor projectors are very hard and expensive to replace thus always be careful and use the projector only when necessary, also keep the lamp clean to increase its life and avoid somewhat unclear images.
In today’s modern world, with so many varieties available, it often becomes complicated to choose the best outdoor projectors according to the needs due to confusion.
However, when you select your movie projector, it would become your best source of entertainment for the rest of life. It could not bore you anytime, and you can make fun and watching movies anytime with your beloved ones.
We hope that you are pleased with our effort. Let us know what you think if you have any queries we would be more than glad to help you regarding best outdoor projectors.
Did you find your entertainment source after reading the post? Tell us and comment below.